Some entrepreneurs vouch for Squarespace, and others Showit, leaving you on the horns of a dilemma. Don’t expect matters to get any better because you’ll come across some people who maintain that WordPress is superior, while others will point at Shopify and exclaim. But in the contest between Showit and Squarespace, which platform comes out on top?
If you’re wondering which of the two great platforms would be the better for your business, you’re in the right place. We make things easier for you with the following rundown of the pros and cons of each platform, and why Showit would be a better fit for your business needs.
Let the contest begin!
You’re probably looking for something that doesn’t add to your life’s problems, and that’s where Showit comes into the picture. This web design platform doesn’t require you to be a pro at coding, and neither will it force you into hiring a coder. If you can drag and drop objects across the screen, you’re good to go.
Showit actually shows it for you, enabling you to create websites from scratch without stressing over code. You could also use handy templates to build amazing websites your clients will love.
Here are the pros and cons of this website design platform:
- Provides a limitless design ability: It gives you the ability to create anything you want, ranging from fancy fonts to bold designs.
- Enables a custom mobile site: Showit allows you to create a mobile site much the same way you would create its desktop version.
- Allows you to create spectacular branding: Since you can customize almost anything, you can experiment with different designs to create a jaw-dropping logo and website design.
- Many tutorials: You will never have to consult those belligerent professionals – there are more than enough easy-to-follow tutorials on Showit to show it out to you.
- Supportive community: Showit has an active Facebook group of over 8,000 members and growing. If you ever need anything, you simply log in and chat them up.
- More expensive: You should expect to pay more for all those customizations
- Learning curve: You’ll need some time to learn to use all the features on Showit
- It may be challenging for e-commerce, especially if you have hundreds of products to sell (do you, really?)
You’ve probably seen an ad for Squarespace on YouTube videos screaming out how easy it would be to create your new website on the Squarespace platform. True, the web design platform offers great features, including great e-commerce integration, as well as community-building services.
And there’s an icing to the cake: you receive some really nice extras, such as a free SSL certificate, and free domain registration.
Here are the pros and cons of Squarespace:
- Great help and analytics tools
- Strong e-commerce capabilities – you can even sell digital downloads
- Offers free SSL certificate and domain registration
- Inbuilt blogging feature to help you schedule posts
- Flexible designs to accommodate mobile screens
- Completely template-based – you can’t customize things here.
- Confusing interface especially for beginners. You may not even locate your title tags since they are buried in different tabs.
- Doesn’t allow mobile view customization: It’s a real pain trying to introduce customization for mobile websites on this platform.
Why Showit beats Squarespace hands down
With the pros and cons of each platform out of the way, you may still be wondering why you should choose one over the other. Both Showit and Squarespace seem to overlap in certain places, and each seems to be great in its own right.
However, if you look closely, you will realize Showit outdoes Squarespace in many important areas. While this isn’t to take away anything from Squarespace, a few niggles prevent it from truly shining. Here is why you should choose Showit over Squarespace for your business website:
1. No need for code
It’s just as well you have no coding background – because you won’t need any on the Showit platform. You only need to drag and drop and use some templates to create a world-class website. But this is more than we could say for its counterpart, Squarespace, which needs some custom coding to accomplish certain features.
2. Amazing lifetime customer support
You’ll love the lifetime customer support on Showit. Throw in an active Facebook community, and you have the perfect environment for building amazing websites. Squarespace does have great customer support but lacks the vibrance in Showit.
This is perhaps the biggest advantage of Showit over Squarespace, since you can customize anything and everything without much hassle. You don’t even need to be a coding expert to experiment with various designs. You simply drag and drop. Squarespace will require custom coding to add any new features on your website.
4. Integration with WordPress
You won’t be leaving your favorite powerhouse blog behind when you adopt Showit because it integrates WordPress under the same domain. It means you have the best of both worlds in a single neat combination; a website builder, and a site for your blogs.
5. More interactive designs
You’ll be better off showcasing your best work on Showit than Squarespace. The former gives you the ability to create different galleries and canvas views on the click, providing you with near-limitless design variations. Squarespace also allows similar features, but they pale in comparison to Showit because of ease of use and flexibility.
It’s an open secret that more people are accessing the web from their mobile devices. It’s such a put-off to learn that Squarespace doesn’t provide room for mobile website customization, something readily available on Showit. Since you’ll be creating websites for the mobile device, you would appreciate the mobile-friendliness on Showit.
7. The cool kid factor
Not necessarily a deal-breaker, but it may make you feel better to know that cool kids like Katelyn James and Jenna Kutcher, are using Showit. If you’re torn between the two platforms, just choose the one with cool kids.
Showit vs Squarespace: the bottom line
Both Showit and Squarespace are great in their own right, but if you’re looking for an easy-to-use platform, go for Showit. Need more information on why Showit is the best option for your website? Please contact us today to learn more.